|Remodeling for the elderly and handicapped does not have to look institutional and can in fact blend seamlessly with your current home. Check out our project gallery for photos that represent just a few of the many remodeling projects that Go Barrier Free Remodelingin Huntington Woods, MI has completed. Many of the photos contain obvious examples of a typical “aging-in-place” remodel, however there are many less noticeable improvements such as anti-slip flooring, rounded corners on edges, lower counter heights, improved lighting, motion sensors, and much more.
“Gordy completed a complicated handicap remodeling project that turned out more beautiful and functional than we ever imagined.” Rita D.
|Some of the type of Handicap Modifications we can perform are:
Wheelchair Accessibility, Ramps
- We are able to provide people with a variety of ramps depending on your need. Whether for a wheelchair, walker, scooter or to replace difficult steps, the possibilities are many. Aluminum, wood, and concrete are among the styles that are available and can be installed to blend in with your landscaping. Ramps can be temporary for guests or short term use, portable to take with you when visiting others or permanently installed for long term use. For those with limited space or just not wanting their yard filled with a ramp we install a variety of wheelchair lifts.. View our Project Gallery for examples.
- Go Barrier Free can design a useful kitchen for any physical challenges you may face. Existing kitchens can also be retro-fitted with roll-out shelving, lower storage for dishes, pots and glassware so all your needs are in reach. Appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, cook-tops, ovens and even your sink can be located in a more manageable place for better access. The stove tops and sinks are of the roll under type which allows wheelchairs accessibility. And the cabinets can be matched with your existing cabinets.. View our Project Gallery for examples.
- The bathroom is often the one room in the house that poses the most challenges and dangers for those having trouble moving around. There are many modifications that we can design to provide more independence and safety. Among them are complete “wet room” waterproofing, widened doorways, taller toilets, raised toilet seats that attach to your existing toilet, wheelchair accessible sinks and showers, single handle faucets and shower controls, handheld shower heads, shower benches and seats, non-skid floor traction, and specialized grab bars. View our Project Gallery for examples.
Grab Bars, Railings
- As we age and lose agility, bathing can become difficult. Falls in the bathroom, especially the bathtub and shower, are a leading cause of injury. Grab bars and handrails will provide safety and support to help you maintain balance. Grab bars and handrails are not just for the elderly or people with disabilities, everyone will benefit by making it easier to get in and out of the bathtub or shower. View our Project Gallery for examples.
- Bathing is often the impossible in your existing bathroom because if may be difficult or impossible to step into your tub or shower. We can convert a tub or shower to a roll-in shower with little or no step at all. Bathtubs can be removed and the area can be converted to a shower with a built-in bench or seat and there can be a smooth entry with nothing to step over. That allow for entry without barriers. Great for wheelchairs, walkers or those who have problems lifting their legs. View our Project Gallery for examples.
- Those who still enjoy a hot bath can walk into a new tub with or without jets and comfortably sit in a seat without getting on the floor of a conventional tub. This can be retrofit into the existing space of your old tub. View our Project Gallery for examples.
|Request a Complementary Phone Consultation!
“We were particularly impressed with Gordy’s genuine interest in providing a safe solution.” Ellen S.
Go Barrier Free provides Handicap Remodeling in Southeast Michigan, Hungtington Woods, Royal Oak, Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield, Bloomfield Hills, Rochester, Troy, Sterling Heights and surrounding areas.
Contact Go Barrier Free Today!